5. Payment to be a discharge.-
3 [Any payment made in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this Act] shall be a full discharge from all further liability in respect of the money so paid
Saving of right of executor.-
But nothing herein contained precludes any executor or administrator, or other representative of the deceased, from recovering from the person receiving the same the amount remaining in his hands after deducting the amount of all debts or other demands lawfully paid or discharged by him in due course of administration.
Saving of right of creditor.-
And any creditor or claimant against the estate of the deceased may recover his debt or claim out of the money paid under this Act, 4 *** to any person, and remaining in his hands unadministered, in the same manner and to the same extent as if the latter had obtained letters of administration of the estate of the deceased.
1. Subs. by Act 56 of 1985, s. 2, for "Five thousand rupees".
2. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for certain words.
3. Subs, by Act 45 of 1959, s. 4 for "Such paymen t".
4. Of the words "or the said Act No. 26 of 1855" the words "the said" were omitted by Act 12 of 1891, s. 2 and Sch. I, Pt. I, and the remaining words by Act 45 of 1959, s. 4.