15. Power to make rules.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) the persons by whom and the terms and conditions subject to which deposits may be made in a Government Savings Bank;
(b) the maximum limits of deposits and the conditions as to interest or discount relating to deposits generally, or any class of deposits in particular;
(c) the non-accrual of interest on deposits when the maximum limits are exceeded and the recovery of any interest paid in excess in the same manner as an arrear of land revenue or in any other manner;
(d) the persons to whom and the manner in which deposits may be paid;
(e) the form of nominations, the manner in which, the persons in whose favour and the conditions and restrictions subject to which, nominations may be made and the registration of nominations;
(f) the variation or cancellation of nominations;
(g) the fees that may be levied for registration of nominations and for variation or cancellation thereof;
(h) the manner in which any person may be appointed for the purpose of subsection (3) of section 4;
3[(i) the limit under clause (a) of sub-section (4) of section 4A."].
(3) Every rule made under this section shall be laid as soon as may be after it is made before each House of Parliament while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or 4[in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid] both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so however that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
1. Subs. by Act 45 of 1959, s. 8, for "the Indian Succession Act, 1865, section 4".
2. Subs. by s. 9, ibid., for the heading "Rules", and s. 14.
3. Ins. by Act 56 of 1985, s. 3.
4. Subs. by Act 20 of 1983, s. 2 and Sch. (w.e.f. 15-3-1984).