57. Amendment to certain enactments.-
(1) The enactments specified in the Second Schedule-
(a) shall, together with all rules, notifications and orders made or issued thereunder, extend to and come into force in the Union territories of Goa, Daman and Diu, and Pondicherry; and
(b) shall be subject to the amendments mentioned in the fourth column of the said Schedule.
(2) All things done, and all steps taken, before the commencement of this Act in connection with the preparation or revision of electoral rolls for the purpose of elections to the House of the People from the Union territories of Goa, Daman and Diu, and Pondicherry, and to the Legislative Assemblies of those Union territories shall, in so far as they are in conformity with the provisions of the Representation of the People Act, 1950 (43 of 1950), as amended by this Act, be deemed to have been done in accordance with law.
1. Ins. by Act 29 of 1975, s. 10 (w.e.f. 15-8-1975).
2. Subs. by Act 18 of 1987, s. 65, for "a Union territory" (w.e.f. 30-5-1987).
3. Subs. by s. 65, ibid., for "any Union territory" (w.e.f. 30-5-1987).