48. Contingency Fund of the Union territory.-
(1) There shall be established a Contingency Fund in the nature of an imprest to be entitled "the Contingency Fund of the Union territory, into which shall be paid from and out of the Consolidated Fund of the Union territory such sums as may, from time to time, be determined by law made by the Legislative Assembly of the Union territory; and the said Fund shall be held by the Administrator to enable advances to be made by him out of such Fund.
(2) No advances shall be made out of the Contingency Fund of the Union territory except for the purposes of meeting unforeseen expenditure pending authorisation of such expenditure by the Legislative Assembly of the Union territory under appropriations made by law.
(3) The Administrator may make rules regulating all matters connected with or ancillary to the custody of, the payment of moneys into, and the withdrawal of moneys from, the Contingency Fund of the Union territory.
1. Subs. by Act 18 of 1987, s. 65, for "a Union territory" (w.e.f. 30-5-1987).
2. Subs. by Act 38 of 2001, s. 3, for "all loans advanced to the Union territory from the Consolidated Fund of India" (w.e.f. 10-5-2006).
3. Ins. by s. 4, ibid. (w.e.f. 10-5-2006).