41. Duties of Delimitation Commission.-
(1) It shall be the duty of the Delimitation Commission-
(a) to delimit the assembly constituencies in each Union territory, and
(b) to determine, on the basis of the latest census figures, the number of seats to be reserved for the scheduled castes and for the scheduled tribes in the Legislative Assembly of 1[the Union territory]
other than the Union territory of Goa, Daman and Diu, and the constituencies in which these seats shall be so reserved.
(2) It shall also be the duty of the Delimitation Commission-
(a) to readjust, on the basis of the latest census figures, the division of each of the Union territories of Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur and Tripura into parliamentary constituencies, 1[the number being 7, 4, 2 and 2];
(b) to determine the constituency in which the seat shall be reserved for the scheduled castes or for the scheduled tribes, as the case may be; and
(c) to divide the Union territory of Goa, Daman and Diu into two single-member parliamentary constituencies.
1. Subs. by Act 18 of 1987, s. 65, for "a Union territory" (w.e.f. 30-5-1987).
2. Ins. by Act 83 of 1971, s. 9 (w.e.f. 16-2-1972).
3. Subs. by Act 29 of 1975, s. 7, for "under section 43A" (w.e.f. 15-8-1975).
4. Subs. by Act 19 of 2005, s. 2, for "the Delimitation Commission Act, 1962 (61 of 1962)" (w.e.f. 21-5-2005).
5. Ins. by Act 83 of 1971, s. 9 (w.e.f. 16-2-1972).