50. Period of order made under article 239AB and approval thereof by Parliament.-
(1) Every order made by the President under article 239AB shall expire at the end of one year from the date of issue of the order and the provisions of clauses (2) and (3) of article 356 shall, so far as may be, apply to such order as they apply to a Proclamation issued under clause (1) of article 356.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the President may extend the duration of the aforesaid order for a further period not exceeding two years from the date of expiry of the order under sub-section (1) subject to the condition that every extension of the said order for any period beyond the expiration of one year shall be approved by resolutions of both Houses of Parliament.
1. Ins. by Act 38 of 2001, s. 8 (w.e.f. 10-5-2006).
2. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 10-5-2006).