The Goa, Daman and Diu Mining Concessions (Abolition and Declaration as Mining Leases) Act, 1987
Commissioner of Payments
8. Commissioner of Payments to be appointed.-
(1) For the purpose of disbursing the amounts payable to the concession holders under this Act, the Central Government shall appoint such person as it may think fit to be the Commissioner of Payments.
(2) The Central Government may appoint such other persons as it may think fit to assist the Commissioner and thereupon the Commissioner may authorise one or more of such persons also to exercise all or any of the powers exercisable by him under this Act and different persons may be authorised to exercise different powers.
(3) Any person authorised by the Commissioner to exercise any of the powers exercisable by the Commissioner may exercise those powers in the same manner and with the same effect as if they have been conferred, on that person directly by this Act and not by way of authorisation.
(4) The salaries and allowances of the Commissioner and other persons appointed under this section shall be defrayed out of the Consolidated Fund of India.