The Goa, Daman and Diu Reorganisation Act, 1987
60. Provisions relating to other services.-
(1) Every person employed in connection with the affairs of the Union territory or the State of Goa and serving, immediately before the appointed day, in the district of Goa of the existing Union territory shall, on and from that day,-
(a) continue to serve in connection with the affairs of the State of Goa; and
(b) be deemed to be provisionally allotted to serve in connection with the affairs of the said State:
Provided that nothing in clause (b) shall apply to a person to whom the provisions of section 59 apply or to a person on deputation from any State.
(2) As soon as may be after the appointed day, the Central Government shall by general or special order, determine whether every person referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (1) shall be finally allotted for service in the State of Goa or under the Union in connection with the affairs of the Union territory of Daman and Diu and the date with effect from which such allotment shall take effect or be deemed to have taken effect.
(3) Every person who is finally allotted under the provisions of sub-section (2) to the State of Goa or the Union shall, if he is not already serving therein or thereunder be made available for serving in that State or under the Union from such date as may be agreed upon between the State of Goa and the Union or in default of such agreement, as may be determined by the Central Government.
(4) As soon as may be after the Central Government passes orders finally allotting an employee in terms of sub-section (2), the State of Goa or the Union shall take steps to integrate him into the services under its control in accordance with such special or general orders or instructions as may be issued by the Central Government from time to time in this behalf.
(5) The Central Government may, by order establish one or more Advisory Committees for the purpose of assisting it in regard to-
(a) the division of the services between the State of Goa and the Union; and
(b) the ensuring of fair and equitable treatment to all persons affected by the provisions of this section and the proper consideration of any representations made by such persons:
Provided that notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any law or rule for the time being in force, no representation shall be against any order passed by the competent authority on matters arising out of the division and integration of services under this Act, on the expiry of three months from the date of publication or service, whichever is earlier, of such order:
Provided further that, notwithstanding anything contained in the preceding proviso, the Central Government may suo motu or otherwise and for reasons to be recorded, reopen any matter and pass such orders thereon, as may appear to it to be appropriate if it is satisfied that it is necessary so to do, in order to prevent any miscarriage of justice to any affected employee.
(6) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to affect, on or after the appointed day, the operation of the provisions of Chapter I of Part XIV of the Constitution in relation to the determination of the conditions of service of persons serving in connection with the affairs of the State of Goa or the Union:
Provided that the conditions of service applicable immediately before the appointed day to the case of any person referred to in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) shall not be varied to his disadvantage except with the previous approval of the Central Government.
(7) All service prior to the appointed day rendered by a person allotted under sub-section (2) in connection with the affairs of the existing Union territory shall for purposes of the rules regarding his conditions of service, be deemed to have been rendered in connection with the affairs of the State or the Union to which he is finally allotted.
(8) The provisions of this section other than clause (a) of sub-section (1) shall not apply in relation to any person to whom the provisions of section 59 apply.