4. State Government to appoint Inspectors.-
(1) When this Act has been so applied to a local area, the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint such persons as it thinks fit to be Inspectors under this Act and to exercise and perform, within the whole of the local area or such portions thereof as it may prescribe, the powers c onferred and the duties imposed by this Act on such officers.
(2) Every person so appointed shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
1. The Act has been amended in its application to Andhra Pradesh by Andhra Pradesh Act 27 of 1960 and Maha -rashtra by Maharashtra Act 34 of 1960.
The Act has been rep. in its application to Bellary District by Mysore Act 14 of 1955.
The Act has been extended to Goa, Daman and Diu by Reg. 11 of 1963, s. 3 and Sch.
2. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956, for "Part B States".
3. The word "and" rep. by 10 of 1914, s. 3 and the Second Schedule.
4. Sub-section (3) rep. by s. 3 and the Second Schedule, ibid.
5. Certain words rep. by Act 12 of 1927, s. 2 and Schedule.
6. Ins. by Act 9 of 1920, s. 2.
7. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for section 3.