The Freedom of Information Act, 2002
5. Appointment of Public Information Officers.-
- Every public authority shall for the purposes of this Act, appoint one or more officers as Public Information Officers.
- Every Public Information Officer shall deal with requests for information and shall render reasonable assistance to any person seeking such information.
- The Public Information Officer may seek the assistance of any other officer as he considers necessary for the proper discharge of his duties.
- Any officer whose assistance has been sought under sub-section (3), shall render all assistance to the Public Information Officer seeking his assistance.