The Freedom of Information Act, 2002
16. Act not to apply to certain organizations.-
- Nothing contained in this Act shall apply to the intelligence and security organisations, specified in the Schedule, being organisations established by the Central Government or any information furnished by such organisations to that Government.
- The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, amend the Schedule by including therein any other intelligence or security organization established by that Government or omitting there rom any organization already specified there n and on the publication of such notification, such organisation shall be deemed to be included in or, as the case may be, omitted from the Schedule.
- Every notification issued under sub-section (2) shall be laid before each House of Parliament.
- Nothing contained in this Act shall apply to such intelligence and security organisations which may be specified, by a notification in the Official Gazette, by a State Government from time to time.
- Every notification issued under sub-section (4) shall be laid before the State Legislature.