18. Special provisions respecting certain kinds of forward contracts.-
(1) Nothing contained in Chapter III or Chapter IV shall apply to non-transferable specific delivery contracts for the sale or purchase of any goods: Provided that no person shall organise or assist in organising or be a member of any association in any area to which the provisions of section 15 have been made applicable (other than a recognised association) which provides facilities for the performance of any non-transferable specific delivery contract by any party thereto without having to make or to receive actual delivery to or from the other party to the contract or to or from any other party named in the contract.
(2) Where in respect of any area the provisions of section 15 have been made applicable in relation to forward contracts for the sale or purchase of any goods or class of goods, the Central Government may, by a like notification, declare that in the said area or any part thereof as may be specified in the notification all or any of the provisions of Chapter III or Chapter IV shall not apply to transferable specific delivery contracts for the sale or purchase of the said goods or class of goods either generally, or to any class of such contracts in particular.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), if the Central Government is of opinion that in the interest of the trade or in the public interest it is expedient to regulate and control non-transferable specific delivery contracts in any area, it may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare that all or any of the provisions of Chapters III and IV shall apply to such class or classes of non-transferable specific delivery contracts in such area and in respect of such goods or class of goods as may be specified in the notification, and may also specify the manner in which and the extent to which all or any of the said provisions shall so apply.
1. Subs. by Act 62 of 1960, s. 16, for "entered into before the date of the notification" (w.e.f. 28-12-1960).