4. Establishment of Institute.
(1) On and from the date of commencement of this Act, the Footwear Design and Development Institute shall be established as a body corporate by the name aforesaid.
(2) The Institute shall have perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall, by that name, sue or be sued.
(3) The Institute shall consist of a Governing Council having the following Members, namely:-
(a) a Chairperson, who shall be an eminent academician, scientist, or industrialist from leather sector, to be nominated by the Central Government;
(b) the Managing Director, ex officio;
(c) the Joint Secretary in the Ministry or Department in the Government of India dealing with Footwear Design and Development Institute, ex officio;
(d) the Joint Secretary in the Ministry or Department in the Government of India dealing with the leather, retail or fashion sector, ex officio;
(e) the Director Finance of the Ministry or the Department in the Government of India dealing with Footwear Design and Development Institute, ex officio;
(f) a representative of Ministry or Department in the Government of India dealing with skill development and entrepreneurship, ex officio;
(g) four professionals or industrialists to represent the Council for Leather Exports, the Indian Leather Garments Association, the Indian Footwear Components Manufacturers Association, and the Confederation of Indian Industry National Committee on Leather, Footwear and Leather Products, to be nominated by the Central Government; and
(h) one person each from the National Institute of Fashion Technology, National Institute of Design, the Central Leather Research Institute, the Indian Institute of Technology and the Indian Institute of Management, to be nominated by the Central Government.
(4) The term of office of the Chairperson and other Members, other thanex officio Members thereof, shall be three years and they shall be entitled for such allowances as may be determined by the Central Government.
(5) The term of office of the Members nominated to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the Member in whose place he has been nominated.
(6) The Governing Council shall meet at least two times in a year at such place and time and observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings as may be determined by the Governing Council.
(7) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of an ex officio member shall continue as long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.