16. Managing Director.
(1) The Managing Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Central Government for a tenure of five years and on such terms and conditions of services as may be prescribed.
(2) The Managing Director shall be the principal executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the Institute and for imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Managing Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances or delegated by the Governing Council or the Senate.
(4) The Managing Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Governing Council.
(5) The Central Government shall have the power to remove the Managing Director before the tenure of five years, if it considers it appropriate to do so on the grounds of misconduct or incapacity after giving him an opportunity of being heard in the matter.
(6) The Managing Director shall be responsible for the implementation of the decision of the Governing Council and the Senate.