The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
7. Term of office, salary, allowances and other conditions of service of Chairperson and Members of Food Authority. -
1. The Chairperson and the members other than ex officio Members shall hold office for a term of three years from the date on which they enter upon their offices, and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further period of three years: Provided that no Chairperson or a member other than ex officio Member shall hold office as such after he has attained-
a. in the case of the Chairperson, the age of sixty-five years, and(b) in the case of a Member, the age of sixty-two years.
2. The salary and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson and Members other than ex officio Members shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
3. The Chairperson and every Member shall, before entering upon his office, make and subscribe to an oath of office and of secrecy in such form and in such manner and before such authority as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
4. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the Chairperson or any Member may-
a. relinquish his office by giving in writing to the Central Government a notice of not less than three months; or
b. be removed from his office in accordance with the provisions of section 8.
5. The Chairperson or any Member ceasing to hold office as such shall not represent any person before the Food Authority or any State Authority in any manner.