The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
11. Central Advisory Committee. -
1. The Food Authority shall, by notification, establish a Committee to be known as the Central Advisory Committee.
2. The Central Advisory Committee shall consist of two members each to represent the interests of food industry, agriculture, consumers, relevant research bodies and food laboratories, and all Commissioners of Food Safety, and the Chairperson of the Scientific Committee shall be ex officio member.
3. The representatives of the concerned Ministries or Departments of the Central Government in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Bio-technology, Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Environment and Forests, Food Processing Industries, Health, Panchayati Raj, Small Scale Industries and Food and Public Distribution or government institutes or organisations and government recognised farmers' organisation shall be invitees to the deliberations of the Central Advisory Committee.
4. The Chief Executive Officer shall be ex officio Chairperson of the Central Advisory Committee.
5. The Central Advisory Committee shall follow such rules of procedure including its transaction of business as may be specified by regulations.