45. Power of Food Corporation to make regulations.-
(1) A Food Corporation may, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations not inconsistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder, to provide for all matters for which provision is necessary or expedient for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of this Act.
2[1A) The power to make regulations under this section shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the regulations or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any regulation so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such regulation may be applicable.]
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such regulation may provide for-
(a) the methods of appointment, the conditions of service and the scales of pay of the officers and employees of a Food Corporation, other than the Secretary of the Food Corporation of India;
(b) the duties and conduct of officers and employees of a Food Corporation, other than the Secretary aforesaid;
(c) the functions and duties which may be entrusted or delegated to the managing director or, as the case may be, the General Manager, or a Food Corporation:
(d) the times and places at which meetings of a Food Corporation or any committee thereof shall be held and the procedure to be followed thereat;
(e) the fees and allowances payable to the members of a committee under sub-section (6) of section 14 or sub-section (6) of section 24;
(f) generally, the efficient conduct of the affairs of a Food Corporation.
(3) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, rescind any regulation which it has sanctioned and thereupon such regulation shall cease to have effect.
(4) Any regulation which may be made by the Food Corporation of India under this Act may be made by the Central Government within three months from the establishment of that Corporation and any regulation which may be made by a State Food Corporation under this Act may be made by the Food Corporation of India within three months from the establishment of such State Food Corporation; and any regulation so made may be altered or rescinded by the Food Corporation concerned in the exercise of its powers under this Act.
1[(5) Every regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the regulation or both Houses agree that the regulation should not be made, the regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that regulation.]
1. Subs. by Act 53 of 1982, s. 3, for certain words (w.e.f. 21-10-1982).
2. Ins. by s. 4, ibid. (w.e.f. 21-10-1982).