19. Management of State Food Corporation.-
(1) The general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs and business of a State Food Corporation shall vest in a board of directors which shall consist of a Chairman, a General Manager and not more than ten other members, all of whom shall be appointed by the Food Corporation of India after consultation with the Central Government and the State Government.
(2) The General Manager shall-
(a) exercise such powers and perform such duties as the board of directors may entrust or delegate to him; and
(b) receive such salary and allowances and be governed by such terms and conditions of service as the board of directors may, in consultation with the Food Corporation of India, fix.
(3) The board of directors, in discharging its functions, shall act on business principles having regard to the interests of the producer and consumer and shall be guided by such instructions on questions of policy as may be given to it by the Food Corporation of India.
(4) If any doubt arises as to whether a question is or is not a question of policy, the matter shall be referred to the Central Government whose decision thereon shall be final.
(5) The members of the board of directors, other than the General Manager, shall be entitled to receive by way of remuneration or fees such sums as may be prescribed: Provided that no official member shall be entitled to receive any remuneration other than any allowances admissible to him under the rules regulating his conditions of service.
(6) The term of office of, and the manner of filling casual vacancies among, the members of the board of directors shall be such as may be prescribed.