State food Corporations
17. Establishment of State Food Corporation.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette and after consultation with the Government of a State, establish a Food Corporation for that State under such name as may be specified in the notification.
(2) A State Food Corporation established under sub-section (1) shall be a body corporate by the name notified under that sub-section, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and may, by the said name, sue and be sued.
(3) The head office of a State Food Corporation shall be at such place within the State as may be notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette.
(4) Subject to the provisions of this Act, a State Food Corporation may perform such of the functions of the Food Corporation of India as that Corporation may delegate to it.