10. Appeal against cancellation of right to operate.-
(1) Any person aggrieved by an order under section 9 may, prefer an appeal within sixty days from the date of such order, to an officer not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India to be nominated by the Central Government for this purpose: Provided that an appeal may be admitted even after the expiry of the said period of sixty days, but not beyond a total period of ninety days, if the appellant satisfies the appellate authority, that he had sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within the said period.
(2) Every appeal made under this section shall be made in such form and manner, and shall be accompanied by a copy of the order appealed against and by such fees as may be prescribed.
(3) The procedure for disposing of an appeal shall be such as may be prescribed.
(4) An appeal filed under this section shall be heard and disposed of within a period of ninety days from the date of its filing: Provided that before disposing of an appeal, the appellant shall be given an opportunity of being heard.