Factoring Regulation Act, 2011
Chapter V Registration of Assignments
19. Registration of certain assignments of receivables transactions.-
1. Every factor shall file, for the purposes of registration, the particulars of every transaction of assignment of receivables in his favour with the Central Registry to be set-up under section 20 of the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (54 of 2002), within a period of thirty days from the date of such assignment or from the date of establishment of such registry, as the case may be, in the manner and subject to payment of such fee as may be prescribed in this behalf.
Explanation.— For the purpose of filing of particulars of every transaction of assignment of receivables with the Central Registry, the receivables may be described specifically or generally with reference to the debtor, or the period to which they relate or by any other general description by which such receivables can be identified.
2. For the purposes of this Act, a record called the Central Register shall be kept at the head office of the Central Registry for entering the particulars of the transactions relating to assignment of receivables in favour of a factor.
3. On realisation of the assigned receivables or settlement of the claim against the debtors, the factor shall file satisfaction of the assignment of receivables in its favour, in such manner and subject to payment of such fees as may be prescribed in this behalf.
4. The provisions for registration of transactions contained in the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (54 of 2002) and the rules made there under shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to the record of assignment of receivables in favour of a factor in the Central Register with the Central Registry.