Factories Act, 1948
[Sections 89 & 90 ]
LIST OF NOTIFIABLE DISEASES
1. Lead poisoning including poisoning by any preparation or compound of lead or their sequelae .
2. Lead-tetra-ethyl poisoning.
3. Phosphorus poisoning or its sequelae .
4. Mercury poisoning or its sequelae .
5. Manganese poisoning or its sequelae .
6. Arsenic poisoning or its sequelae .
7. Poisoning by nitrous fumes.
8. Carbon bisulphide poisoning.
9. Benzene poisoning, including poisoning by any of its homologues, their nitro or amide derivatives or its sequelae .
10. Chrome ulceration or its sequelae .
13. Poisoning by halogens or halogen derivatives of the hydrocarbons of the aliphatic series.
14. Pathological manifestations due to-
(a) radium or other radioactive substances;
15. Primary epitheliomatous cancer of the skin.
16. Toxic anaemia .
17. Toxic jaundice due to poisonous substances.
136 [18. Oil acne or dermatitis due to mineral oils and compounds containing mineral oil base.
19. Byssionosis .
21. Occupational or contact dermatitis caused by direct contact with chemicals and paints. These are of two types, that is, primary irritants and allergic sensitizers.
22. Noise induced hearing loss (exposures to high noise levels).]
137 [23. Beryllium poisoning.
24. Carbon monoxide.
25. Coal miner's pneumoconiosis.
26. Phosgene poisoning.
27. Occupational cancer.
28. Isocyanates poisoning.
29. Toxic nephritis.]