The Extradition Act, 1962
15. Endorsed warrant for apprehension of fugitive criminal.
Where a warrant for the apprehension of a fugitive criminal has been issued in any 3*[foreign state] to which this Chapter applies and such fugitive criminal is, or is suspected to be, in India, the Central Government may, if satisfied that the warrant was issued by a person having lawful authority to issue the same, endorse such warrant in the manner prescribed, and the warrant so endorsed shall be sufficient authority to apprehend the person named in the warrant and to bring him before and magistrate in India.
- Omitted by Act 66 1993 s. 8 (w.e.f. 18-12-1993)
- Subs. by s. 9. ibid (w.e.f 18-12-1993)
- Subs by s. 3 ibid. (w.e.f. 18-12-1993)
- Subs s. 10. w.e.f 18-12-1993)
Chapter III - Return of fatitive criminals to foreign state with extradition arrangements.)