The Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963
- If any person contravenes any order under clause (d) of section 6, or fraudulently obtains a certificate under section 7, or fraudulently affixes or applies any such mark or seal as is referred to in sub-section (1) of section 8, he shall, on conviction, be punishable--
- for the first offence, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine which may extend to five thousand rupees, or with both;
- for the second or subsequent offence, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2*[three years] and also with fine which may extend to five thousand rupees and in the absence of special and adequate reasons to be mentioned in the judgment of the court, such imprisonment shall not be less than three months.
- Any person who attempts to commit or abets the commission of an offence punishable under sub-section (1) shall be deemed to have committed such offence.
- If any person contravenes or attempts to contravene or abets the contravention of any other provision of this Act or any rules or orders made there under, he shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees.