The Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963
5. Functions of the Council.
- The functions of the Council shall generally be to advise the Central Government regarding measures for the enforcement of quality control and inspection in relation to commodities intended for export and to draw up programmes there for, to make, with the concurrence of the Central Government, grants-in-aid to the agencies established or recognised under section 7 and to perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by or under this Act.
- For the purpose of performing its functions, the Council may co-opt as members such number of persons as it thinks fit who have special knowledge and practical experience in matters relating to any commodity or trade therein and any such person shall have the right to take part in the discussions of the Council but shall not have the right to vote and shall not be a member for any other purpose.
- The Council may also constitute specialist committees for conducting investigations on special problems connected with its functions.
- In the performance of its functions under this Act, the Council shall be bound by such directions as the Central Government may give to it in writing from time to time.