The Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963
3. Establishment of Export Inspection Council.
- The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish, with effect from such date as may be specified in the notification, a Council to be known as the Export Inspection Council, which shall consist of--
- a Chairman to be appointed by the Central Government;
- the Director of Inspection and Quality Control, ex officio, who shall be the Secretary;
- the Honorary Adviser on Standardization to the Government of India and Director of Indian standards Institution, ex officio;
- the Agricultural Marketing Adviser to the Government of India, ex officio;
- the Director-General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics, ex officio;
- 1*[fifteen] other members nominated by the Central Government three of whom shall be persons representing the agencies referred to in section 7.
- The Council shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall by he said name sue and be sued.
- The term of office of, and the manner of filling casual vacancies among, the members of the
- Council referred to in clauses (a) and (f) of sub-section (1) and the travelling and daily allowances payable to the members of the Council and the procedure to be followed in the discharge of its functions by the Council shall be such as may be prescribed.
- No act or proceeding of the Council shall be invalidated merely by reason of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Council.
- Subject to such rules as may be made by the Central Government in this behalf, the Council may appoint such officers and other employees as it considers necessary for the purpose of discharging its functions under this Act.