The Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963
10. Finance, accounts and audit.
the purpose of enabling the Council to discharge its functions under this Act,
Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Council such sums of money as that Government considers necessary by way of grants, loans or otherwise.
- For the purpose of discharging its functions under this Act, the Council may receive grants or donations from bodies and institutions approved by the Central Government in this behalf.
- The Council shall have its own fund to which shall be credited the sums of money referred to in sub-sections (1) and (2) and the moneys in the fund shall be applied for--
- meeting the pay and allowances of the officers and other employees of the Council and other administrative expenses of the Council;
- carrying out the functions of the Council under this Act.
- The Council shall prepare, before the commencement of each financial year, a statement of programme of its activities during that year as well as a financial estimate in respect thereof.
- A statement prepared under sub-section (4) shall, not later than three months before the commencement of each financial year, be submitted for approval to the Central Government.
- The Council shall maintain such accounts and prepare the balance-sheet in such form as may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, be prescribed. 70
- The accounts of the Council shall be audited in such manner and at such times as may, in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, be prescribed.