Essential Commodities (Special Provisions) Act, 1981
1. Short title, commencement and duration.-
1. This Act may be called the Essential Commodities (Special Provisions) Act, 1981.
2. It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different States.
3. It shall cease to have effect on the expiry of fifteen years from the date of commencement of this Act except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such cesser of operation of this Act, and section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897), shall apply upon such cesser of operation of this Act as if it had then been repealed by a Central Act.
4. References in this Act to the commencement of this Act and to the continuance in force of this Act shall be construed in relation to each State as references, respectively, to the coming into force of this Act in that State and to the continuance in force of this Act in the date on which the Act shall come into force in all the States and Union territories except the Union territories of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep and Mizoram.