Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
FORM B : CLAIM UNDER SECTION 7(1)(b) OF THE EQUAL REMUNERATION ACT, 1976
(To be submitted in triplicate)
The authority appointed under sub-section (1) of section 7.
............................. ...Full address
B ... Opposite party
................................. Full address
The petitioner(s) above named states / state as follows:-
(1) The petitioner(s) was / were / is / are employed from to as (category) in . (name of the establishment) of Shri / Messrs . (name of the employer and address).
(2) The opposite party is the employer within the meaning of clause (c) of section 2 of the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976 (25 of 1976).
(3) The petitioner(s) was / were / has / have not been paid wages at rates equal to those of workers of the opposite sex for the same work or work of a similar nature for the period from .. to .
(4) The petitioner(s) was / were / has / have been paid wages at the rate of . whereas workers of the opposite sex for the same work or work of a similar nature were paid/ have been paid at the rate of during the said period.
(5) The petitioner(s) estimates / estimate the value of relief sought by him/them at Rs... [Rupees (in words)]
(6) The petitioner(s), therefore, prays / pray that the authority may be pleased to decide the claim set out above and pass such order or orders thereon as it may deem fit and proper.
(7) The petitioner(s) begs / beg leave to amend or add to or make alterations in the petition, if and when necessary, with the permission of the authority.
The petitioner(s) does / do solemnly declare that the facts stated in this petition are true to the best of his/her/their knowledge, belief and information.
Signature(s)/thumb impression(s) of the petitioner(s)
I have been duly authorized in writing by . [here insert the name of worker(s) to appear and act on his / her / their behalf.]
Signature of the legal practitioner/official of a registered Trade Union duly authorized
Strike out this portion if inapplicable.