8. The Controller of Examinations.-
(1) The Controller of Examinations shall be appointed by the Executive Council on the recommendations of a Selection Committee constituted for the purpose and he shall be a whole-time salaried officer of the University.
(2) The Controller of Examinations shall be appointed for a term of five years and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
(3) The emoluments and other terms and conditions of service of the Controller of Examinations shall be such as may be prescribed by the Executive Council from time to time: Provided that the Controller of Examinations shall retire on attaining the age of sixty-two years: Provided further that the Controller of Examinations shall, notwithstanding his attaining the age of sixty-two years, continue in office until his successor is appointed and enters upon his office or until the expiry of a period of one year, whichever is earlier.
(4) When the office of the Controller of Examinations is vacant or when the Controller of Examinations is, by reason of illness, absence or any other cause, unable to perform the duties of his office, the duties of the office shall be performed by such person as the Vice-Chancellor may appoint for the purpose.
(5) The Controller of Examinations shall arrange for and superintend the examinations of the University in the manner prescribed by the Ordinances.