Energy Conservation Act, 2001
9. Director-General of Bureau.-
1. The Central Government shall, by notification, appoint a Director-General from amongst persons of ability and standing, having adequate knowledge and experience in dealing with the matters relating to energy production, supply and energy management, standardisation and efficient use of energy and its conservation.
2. The Central Government shall, by notification, appoint any person not below the rank of Deputy Secretary to the Government of India as Secretary of the Bureau.
3. The Director-General shall hold office for a term of three years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of sixty years, whichever is earlier.
4. The salary and allowances payable to the Director-General and other terms and conditions of his service and other terms and conditions of service of the Secretary of the Bureau shall be such as may be prescribed.
5. Subject to general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs by the Governing Council, the Director-General of the Bureau shall be the Chief Executive Authority of the Bureau.
6. The Director-General of the Bureau shall exercise and discharge such powers and duties of the Bureau as may be determined by regulations.