Energy Conservation Act, 2001
Chapter II Bureau of Energy Efficiency
3. Establishment and incorporation of Bureau of Energy Efficiency.-
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint, there shall be established, for the purposes of this Act, a Bureau to be called the Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
2. The Bureau shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
3. The head office of the Bureau shall be at Delhi.
4. The Bureau may establish offices at other places in India.