Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
16. Principal officers
50 [(1) The Central Government may, in consultation with the Corporation, appoint a director general and a financial commissioner.]
(2) The director general shall be the chief executive officer of the Corporation.
(3) 51[The director general and the financial commissioner] shall be whole-time officers of the Corporation and shall not undertake any work unconnected with their office without the sanction of the Central Government 44[and of the Corporation.]
(4) 51[The director general or the financial commissioner] shall hold office for such period, not exceeding five years, as may be specified in the order appointing him. An outgoing 52[director general or financial commissioner] shall be eligible for re-appointment if he is otherwise qualified.
(5) 51[The director general or the financial commissioner] shall receive such salary and allowances as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(6) A person shall be disqualified from being 48[appointed] as or for being 52[The Director General or the Financial Commissioner] if he is subject to any of the disqualifications specified in section 13.
7. The Central Government may at any time remove 52[the director general or the financial commissioner] from office and shall do so if such removal is recommended by a resolution of the Corporation passed at a special meeting called for the purpose and supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds of the total strength of the Corporation.