Employee's Provident Funds Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
(See sections 2(i) and 4)
Any industry engaged in the manufacture [***] of any of the following, namely:
Electrical, mechanical or general engineering products.
Iron and steel.
Textiles (made wholly or in part of cotton or wool or jute or silk, whether natural or artificial).
2. Edible oils and fats.
4. Rubber and rubber products.
5. Electricity, including the generation, transmission and distribution thereof.
7. Printing [other than printing industry relating to newspaper establishments as defined in the Working Journalists (Conditions of Service) and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1955 (45 of 1955), including the process of composing types for printing, printing by letter-press, lithography, photogravure or other similar process or bookbinding.]
9. Stone-ware pipes.
10. Sanitary wares.
11. Electrical porcelain insulators of high and low tension.
1. Heavy and fine chemicals, including:
(iv) Medical and pharmaceutical preparations,
(v) Toilet preparations,
(viii) Intermediates, dyes, colour lacs and toners,
(ix) Fatty acids, and
(x) Oxygen, acetylene and carbon-dioxide gases industry.]
3. Lac including shellac.
4. Non-edible, vegetable and animal oils and fats.]
[Mineral oil refining industry.]
[(i) Industrial and power alcohol industry; and
(ii) Asbestos cement sheets industry.]
[Biscuit-making industry including composite units making biscuits and products such as bread, confectionery and milk and milk powder.]
[Automobile repairing and servicing industry.]
[1. Rice milling.
2. Flour milling
3. Dal milling.]
[1. Petroleum or natural gas exploration, prospecting, drilling or production.
2. Petroleum or natural gas refining.]
[Leather and leather products industry.]
[1. Stone-ware jars.
[The fruit and vegetable preservation industry, that is to say, any industry which is engaged in the preparation or production of any of the following articles, namely:
(i) canned and bottled fruits, juices and pulps,
(ii) canned and bottled vegetables,
(iii) frozen fruits and vegetables,
(iv) jams, jellies and marmalades,
(v) tomato products, ketchups and sauces,
(vi) squashes, crushes, cordials and ready-to-serve beverages or any other beverages containing fruit juice or fruit pulp,
(vii) preserved, canned and crystallized fruits and peels,
(ix) any other unspecified item relating to the preservation or canning of fruits and vegetables.]
3. Plastic and plastic products.
4. Stationery products.]
[The aerated water industry, that is to say, any industry engaged in the manufacture of aerated water, soft drinks or carbonated water.]
[The distilling and rectifying of spirits (not falling under industrial and power alcohol) and blending of spirits industry.]
[The paint and varnish industry.]
[Bone crushing industry.]
[Milk and milk products industry.]
[Non-ferrous metals and alloys in the form of ingots industry.]
[Stemming or re-drying of tobacco leaf industry, that is to say, any industry engaged in the stemming, re-drying, handling, sorting, grading or packing of tobacco leaf.]
[Agarbattee (including dhoop and dhoopbattee) industry.]
[Coir (excluding the spinning sector) industry.]
[Tobacco industry, that is to say, any industry engaged in the manufacture of cigars, zarda, snuff, quivam and guraku from tobacco.]
[Paper products industry.]
[Licensed salt industry, that is to say, any industry engaged in the manufacture of salt for which a license is necessary and which has land not less than 4.05 hectares.]
[Linoleum industry and indoleum industry.]
[Jute bailing or pressing industry.]
[Fire-works and percussion cap works industry.]
[Tent making industry.]
[Ice or ice-cream industry.]
[Winding of thread and yarn reeling industry.]
[Cotton ginning, baling and pressing industry.]
[Katha making industry.]
[Beer manufacturing industry, that is to say, any industry engaged in the manufacture of the product of alcoholic fermentation of a mash in potable water of malted barley and hops, or of hops concentrated with or without the addition of other malted or unmalted cereals or other carbohydrate preparations.]
[Beedi industry, that is to say, any industry engaged in manufacture of beedies.]
[Diamond cutting industry.]
[Myrobalan extract powder, myrobalan extract solid and vegetable tannin blended extract industries.]
[All industries based on asbestos as principal raw material.]
[Industries manufacturing iron ore pellets.]
[Explanation:In this Schedule, without prejudice to the ordinary meaning of the expressions used therein,:
(a) the expression "Electrical, mechanical or general engineering products" includes :
(1) machinery and equipment for the generation, transmission, distribution or measurement of electrical energy and motors including cables and wires,
(2) telephones, telegraph and wireless communication apparatus,
(3) electric lamps (not including glass bulbs),
(4) electric fans and electrical domestic appliances,
(5) storage and dry batteries,
(6) radio receivers and sound reproducing instruments,
(7) machinery used in industry (including textile machinery) other than electrical machinery and machine tools,
(8) boilers and prime movers, including internal combustion engines, marine engines and locomotives,
(9) machines tools, that is to say, metal and wood working machinery,
(10) grinding wheels,
(12) automobiles and tractors,
(13) bolts, nuts and rivets,
(14) power-driven pumps,
(16) hurricane lanterns,
(17) sewing and knitting machines,
(18) mathematical and scientific instruments,
(19) products of metal rolling and re-rolling,
(20) wires, pipes, tubes and fittings,
(21) ferrous and non-ferrous castings,
(22) safes, vaults and furniture made of iron and steel or steel alloys,
(23) cutlery and surgical instruments,
(24) drums and containers,
(25) parts and accessories of products specified in items 1 to 24;
(b) the expression 'iron and steel' includes pig iron, ingots, blooms, billets and rolled or re-rolled products into basic forms and tool and alloy steel;
(c) the expression 'paper' includes pulp, paperboard and straw-board;
(d) the expression 'textiles' includes the products of carding, spinning, weaving, finishing and dyeing yarn and fabrics, printing, knitting and embroidering.]