Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998
9. Proceedings of Central Commission
(1) The Central Commission shall meet at the head office or any of its offices at such time as the Chairperson may direct, and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum at its meetings) as may be determined by regulations.
(2) The Chairperson or, if he is unable to attend a meeting of the Central Commission, any other Member nominated by the Chairperson in this behalf and, in the absence of such nomination or where there is no Chairperson, any Member chosen by the Members present from among themselves, shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the, Central Commission shall be decided by a majority of votes of the Members (including the Member, ex officio) present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson or the person presiding shall have the right to exercise a second or casting vote.
(4) Save as otherwise provided in sub-section (3), every Member shall have one vote.
(5) All orders and decisions of the Central Commission shall be authenticated by the Secretary or any other officer of the Central Commission duly authorized by the Chairperson in this behalf.