Electricity Act, 2003
84. Qualifications for appointment of Chairperson and Members of State Commission.-
1. The Chairperson and the Members of the State Commission shall be persons of ability, integrity and standing who have adequate knowledge of, and have shown capacity in, dealing with problems relating to engineering, finance, commerce, economics, law or management.
2. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the State Government may appoint any person as the Chairperson from amongst persons who is, or has been, a Judge of a High Court:
Provided that no appointment under this sub-section shall be made except after consultation with the Chief Justice of that High Court.
3. The Chairperson or any other Member of the State Commission shall not hold any other office.
4. The Chairperson shall be the Chief Executive of the State Commission.