Electricity Act, 2003
45. Power to recover charges.-
1. Subject to the provisions of this section, the prices to be charged by a distribution licensee for the supply of electricity by him in pursuance of section 43 shall be in accordance with such tariffs fixed from time-to-time and conditions of his licence.
2. The charges for electricity supplied by a distribution licensee shall be--
a. fixed in accordance with the methods and the principles as may be specified by the concerned State Commission;
b. published in such manner so as to give adequate publicity for such charges and prices.
3. The charges for electricity supplied by a distribution licensee may include--
a. a fixed charge in addition to the charge for the actual electricity supplied;
b. a rent or other charges in respect of any electric meter or electrical plant Provided by the distribution licensee.
4. Subject to the provisions of section 62, in fixing charges under this section a distribution licensee shall not show undue preference to any person or class of persons or discrimination against any person or class of persons.
5. The charges fixed by the distribution licensee shall be in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the regulations made in this behalf by the concerned State Commission.