Electricity Act, 2003
28. Functions of Regional Load Despatch Centre.-
1. The Regional Load Despatch Centre shall be the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the concerned region.
2. The Regional Load Despatch Centre shall comply with such principles, guidelines and methodologies in respect of wheeling and optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity as the Central Commission may specify in the Grid Code.
3. The Regional Load Despatch Centre shall--
a. be responsible for optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity within the region, in accordance with the contracts entered into with the licensees or the generating companies operating in the region;
b. monitor grid operations;
c. keep accounts of quantity of electricity transmitted through the regional grid;
d. exercise supervision and control over the inter-State transmission system; and
e. be responsible for carrying out real time operations for grid control and despatch of electricity within the region through secure and economic operation of the regional grid in accordance with the Grid Standards and the Grid Code.
4. The Regional Load Despatch Centre may levy and collect such fee and charges from the generating companies or licensees engaged in inter-State transmission of electricity as may be specified by the Central Commission.