Electricity Act, 2003
166. Coordination Forum.-
1. The Central Government shall constitute a coordination forum consisting of the Chairperson of the Central Commission and Members thereof, the Chairperson of the Authority, representatives of generating companies and transmission licensees engaged in inter-State transmission of electricity for smooth and coordinated development of the power system in the country.
2. The Central Government shall also constitute a forum of regulators consisting of the Chairperson of the Central Commission and Chairpersons of the State Commissions.
3. The Chairperson of the Central Commission shall be the Chairperson of the Forum of regulators referred to in sub-section (2).
4. The State Government shall constitute a Coordination Forum consisting of the Chairperson of the State Commission and Members thereof representatives of the generating companies, transmission licensee and distribution licensees engaged in generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in that State for smooth and coordinated development of the power system in the State.
5. There shall be a committee in each district to be constituted by the Appropriate Government --
a. to coordinate and review the extension of electrification in each district;
b. to review the quality of power supply and consumer satisfaction;
c. to promote energy efficiency and its conservation.