Electricity Act, 2003
127. Appeal to appellate authority.-
1. Any person aggrieved by a final order made under section 126 may, within thirty days of the said order, prefer an appeal in such form, verified in such manner and be accompanied by such fee as may be specified by the State Commission, to an appellate authority as may be prescribed.
2. No appeal against an order of assessment under sub-section (1) shall be entertained unless an amount equal to *[half] of the assessed amount is deposited in cash or by way of bank draft with the licensee and documentary evidence of such deposit has been enclosed along with the appeal.
3. The appellate authority referred to in sub-section (1) shall dispose of the appeal after hearing the parties and pass appropriate order and send copy of the order to the assessing officer and the appellant.
4. The order of the appellate authority referred to in sub-section (1) passed under sub-section (3) shall be final.
5. No appeal shall lie to the appellate authority referred to in sub-section (1) against the final order made with the consent of the parties.
6. When a person defaults in making payment of assessed amount, he, in addition to the assessed amount shall be liable to pay, on the expiry of thirty days from the date of order of assessment, an amount of interest at the rate of sixteen per cent. per annum compounded every six months.