6. Term of office and resignation and removal of members and casual vacancies.-
(1) A member of the Committee shall hold office for a period of five years from the date of his appointment but may resign his office earlier by giving notice in writing thereof to the Central Government and shall cease to be a member on the resignation being accepted by that Government.
(2) The Central Government may remove from office any member of the Committee-
(a) who is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court, or
(b) who has applied for being adjudged an insolvent, or is an undischarged insolvent, or
(c) who has been convicted of any offence involving moral turpitude, or
(d) who has absented himself for a period of twelve consecutive months from the meetings of the Committee; or
(e) whose presence on the Committee would, in the opinion of the Central Government, be prejudicial to the interests of the Durgah.
(3) Casual vacancies among members of the Committee shall be filled by appointment made by the Central Government inconsultation with the remaining members of the Committee.
(4) The term of office of a member appointed to fill a casual vacancy shall be for so long only as the member whose place has been filled would have been entitled to hold office if the vacancy had not occurred.