Drugs and Magic Remedies, 1954
1. Short title, extent and commencement. -
(1) This Act may be called the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisement) Act, 1954.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir , and applies also to persons domiciled in the territories to which this Act extends who are outside the said territories.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1; as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 1st April 1955 vide Notification No. S.R.O. 511 dated 26th February, 1995 , Gazette of India, 1955, Part 11, Section 3, Page 449.