9. (1) The Comptroller shall be appointed by the Board on the recommendations of a duly constituted Selection Committee under Statute 18 and he shall be a whole-time salaried officer of the University.
(2) The Comptroller shall be appointed for a term of five years and shall be eligible for reappointment.
(3) The Comptroller may also be appointed on deputation for a specified period not exceeding five years.
(4) The emoluments and other terms and conditions of service of the Comptroller shall be such as may be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(5) In case of a person being appointed as Comptroller on deputation, his tenure, emoluments and other terms of service shall be according to the standard of deputation: Provided that the Comptroller shall retire on attaining the age of sixty years.
(6) When the office of the Comptroller is vacant or when the Comptroller is, by reason of illness, absence or any other cause, unable to perform the duties of his office, the duties of the office shall be performed by such person as the Vice-Chancellor may appoint for the purpose.
(7) The Comptroller shall be the ex officio Secretary of the Finance Committee, but shall not be deemed to be a member of such Committee.
(8) The Comptroller shall-
(a) exercise general supervision over the funds of the University and shall advise it as regards its financial policy; and
(b) perform such other duties as may be specified in the Statutes, the Ordinances or as may be required, from time to time, by the Board or the Vice-Chancellor.
(9) Subject to the control of the Board, the Comptroller shall-
(a) hold and manage the property and investments of the University including trust and endowed property;
(b) ensure that the limits fixed by the Board for recurring and non-recurring expenditure for a year are not exceeded and that all moneys are expended on the purpose for which they are granted or allotted;
(c) be responsible for the preparation of annual accounts and the budget of the University and for their presentation to the Board;
(d) keep a constant watch on the state of the cash and bank balances and on the state of investments;
(e) watch the progress of the collection of revenue and advise on the methods of collection employed;
(f) ensure that the registers of buildings, land, furniture and equipment are maintained up-to-date and that stock-checking is conducted, of equipment and other consumable materials in all offices, specialised laboratories, colleges and institutions maintained by the University;
(g) bring to the notice of the Vice-Chancellor unauthorised expenditure and other financial irregularities and suggest disciplinary action against persons at fault; and
(h) call for from any office, laboratory, college or institution maintained by the University and information or returns that he may consider necessary for performance of his duties.
(10) Any receipt given by the Comptroller or the person or persons duly authorised in this behalf by the Board for any money payable to the University shall be sufficient discharge for payment of such money.