Constitution and Function of Research Council:
43. (1) There shall be a Research Council of the University to exercise general supervision over the research policies and programmes of the University in the area of Agriculture and allied disciplines.
(2) The Research Council shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(i) the Vice-Chancellor-Chairman;
(ii) Director of Extension Education-Member;
(iii) Director of Education-Member;
(iv) all Deans of the colleges of the University-Members;
(v) Nominee of the State Governments not below the rank of Director-Members;
(vi) all coordinators of the Research Teams of the University-Members;
(vii) two eminent agricultural scientists to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor for three years-Members;
(viii) Director of Research-Member-Secretary.
(3) The Research Council shall meet at least once in a year.
(4) One-third members of the Research Council shall form a quorum for the meeting of the Research Council.
(5) If a vacancy occurs due to resignation or otherwise the same shall be filled up for the remaining period.