The Dean of colleges and Faculties:
4. (1) Each Faculty shall have a Dean who shall also be the head of the college concerned.
(2) If any Faculty has more than one college, the Vice-Chancellor may nominate one of the Deans as the Dean of the Faculty.
(3) The Dean of the college shall be appointed by the Board on the recommendations of the Selection Committee constituted for the purpose as per statute 18 and he shall be a whole-time salaried officer of the University.
(4) The Dean shall be entitled to rent free and unfurnished residential accommodation.
(5) The Dean shall hold the office for a term of five years and shall be eligible for reappointment: Provided that a Dean on attaining the age of sixty-five years shall cease to hold office as such.
(6) When the office of the Dean is vacant or when the Dean is, by reason of illness, absence or any other cause, unable to perform duties of his office, the duties of the office shall be performed by such persons as the Vice-Chancellor may appoint for the purpose.
(7) The Dean shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the conduct and maintenance of the standards of teaching in the college and Faculty and shall perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(8) The Dean shall be the ex officio Chairman of the Board of Studies of the Faculty, a member of the Academic Council, the Research Council and the Extension Education Council of the University.