Heads of Departments:
10. (1) Each Department shall have a Head appointed by the Vice-Chancellor who shall be not below the rank of an Associate Professor and whose duties and functions and terms and conditions of appointment shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(2) The Head of Department shall be responsible to the Dean for teaching, to Director of Research for research, to Director of Extension Education for extension education work.
(3) The Dean shall be the administrative controlling officer of the Heads of Departments in college concerned: Provided that if there is more than one Professor in any Department, the Head of the Department shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor from amongst the Professors: Provided further that in the case of Department where there is only one Professor, the Vice-Chancellor shall have the option, to appoint either the Professor or an Associate Professor as the Head of the Department.
(4) It shall be open to a Professor or an Associate Professor to decline the offer of appointment as the Head of the Department.
(5) A Professor or an Associate Professor appointed as Head of the Department shall hold office as such for a period of three years and shall be eligible for reappointment.
(6) A Head of the Department may resign his office at any time during his tenure of office.
(7) A Head of the Department shall perform such functions as may be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(8) The Head of the Department shall retire at the age of sixty-five years.