7. Cognizance of offences.-
(1) No Court shall take cognizance of any offence made punishable by a scheme or of any abetment thereof, except on a report in writing of the facts constituting such offence or abetment made by an Inspector or by a person specially authorised in this behalf by the Government.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure 18981 (5 of 1898), an offence made punishable by a scheme or an abetment thereof shall be triable only by a Presidency Magistrate or a Magistrate of the first class.
1. See now the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974).
2. Ins. by Act 31 of 1970, s. 3.
3. Ins. by Act 8 of 1962, s. 7 (w.e.f. 1-6-1962).