Dock Workers (Safety, Health and Welfare) Act, 1986
9. Advisory Committee. –
1. The appropriate Government treaty constitute an Advisory Committee to advise upon such matters arising out of the administration of this Act and the regulation as that Government may refer to it for advice.
2. The members of the Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the appropriate Government and shall he of such member and chosen in such manner as may be prescribed lay rules made under this Act:
Provided that the Advisory Committee shall include an equal number of members representing-
i. The appropriate Government,
The dock workers, and
iii. The employers of' dock workers and shipping companies.
3. The Chairman of the Advisory Committee shall be one of' the members appointed to represent the appropriate Government, nominated in this behalf by that Government.
4. The appropriate Government shall publish in the Official Gazette the names of all members of the Advisory Committee.
5. The term of office of' the members of the Advisory Committee and the manner of vacancies among and the procedure to be followed in the discharge of their functions by, the members shall be such as may be prescribed by rules made under this Act.