Dock Workers (Safety, Health and Welfare) Act, 1986
22. General provision relating to rules and regulations. –
1. The power to make rules and regulations connected by sections 20 and 21 is subject to the condition of the rules and regulations being, made after previous publications.
2. The date to be specified in accordance with clause (3) of section 23 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897), as that after which a draft of rules or regulations proposed to be made will be taken under consideration, shall not be less than forty-five days from the date on which the draft of the proposed rules or regulations is published for general information.
3. Every rule and every regulation made under this Act by the Central Government shall be laid as soon as may be after it is made, before each House or Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making, any modification in the rule of regulation or both Houses agree that the rule or regulation should not be made, the rule of regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule or regulation, as the case may he.
4. Every rule and every regulation, made under this Act by a State Government shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before the State Legislature.