Disaster Management Act, 2005
Chapter II: The National Disaster Management Authority
3. Establishment of National Disaster Management Authority.-
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette appoint in this behalf, there shall be established for the purposes of this Act, an authority to be known as the National Disaster Management Authority.
2. The National Authority shall consist of the Chairperson and such number of other members, not exceeding nine, as may be prescribed by the Central Government and, unless the rules otherwise provide, the National Authority shall consist of the following:-
a. the Prime Minister of India, who shall be the Chairperson of the National Authority, ex officio;
b. other members, not exceeding nine, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the National Authority.
3. The Chairperson of the National Authority may designate one of the members nominated under clause (b) of sub-section (2) to be the Vice-Chairperson of the National Authority.
4. The term of office and conditions of service of members of the National Authority shall be such as may be prescribed.